No need of Hardware to design a circuit with Fritzing
Fritzing software tool is a free online circuit simulator an ultimate tool that you can use to create an electronic circuit and component diagrams for use with rapid-prototyping development boards such as the open-source Arduino called Arduino Simulator online.
Fritzing is an open-source hardware initiative that makes electronics accessible as a creative material for anyone.
It is entirely cross-platform and well supported – you can guarantee that it can be used on any Arduino project to show you how to make connections and wire things together using it.
It offers a software tool, a community website, and services in the spirit of Processing and Arduino, fostering a creative ecosystem that allows users to document their prototypes, share them with others, teach electronics in a classroom, and layout and manufacture professional PCBs.
Video credit: Firtzing software tool
Getting Started with fritzing Online Simulator
Image Credit: fritzingGettingStart
Download and Start:
Select the download for your platform below.
Installing the Fritzing software tool
Please make sure your system satisfies one of these requirements:
Windows – XP and up
Mac – OSX 10.7 and up, though 10.6 might work too
Linux – a fairly recent linux distro with libc >= 2.6
- Start downloading the Fritzing package that’s right for you.
- Unzip your Fritzing folder somewhere convenient on your hard drive.
- This may also be a good time for you to create a shortcut to the Fritzing application.
- A free unzipping program can be found here, should you need it.
- If you are updating your release of Fritzing, your custom files (parts and bins) are not stored with the application, so they will not be destroyed if you delete the older version of the Fritzing application folder.
- To start Fritzing:
- onWindows: double-click fritzing.exe
- onMac: double-click the Fritzing application
- onLinux: double-click Fritzing, or try ./Fritzing in your shell window
- If you experience problems, please try downloading it again. This often helps. If it doesn’t, have a look at our forums.
Recent versions of OS X do not allow “unverified” software to be launched directly. In order to run Fritzing, you will need to either:
- right-click the Fritzing icon and select “Open”
- in the warning dialogue, click “Open”
or, to get rid of the warning permanently:
- go to the System Preferences
- open the Security & Privacy page
- unlock it by clicking the lock in the lower-left corner
- set it to allow app downloads from anywhere
This binary release has been built and tested under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
Distros for other flavors of Linux can be found at openSUSE’s repository, at Heinervdm’s openSUSE repo; including a one-click download for openSUSE. Search our forum for even more. Fedora users can install Fritzing with ‘yum install fritzing’.
We heartily thank openSUSE, Thomas Zimmermann, Debian.org, Bruno Canning, the Fedora Project, Ed Marshall, and other people and organizations for making these available. (But please be aware we have not tested these builds.)
Start here to learn all about of Fritzing software tool
Arduino Simulator online
Image Credit: Fritzing-Image2
Step by step tutorials on how to use Fritzing software tool and produce your own PCBs:
- Building a Circuit
- Using a Stripboard(from the video channel)
- Working with SMD parts(from the video channel)
- Creating Paper Templates(from the Blog)
- Curvy Wires and bendable Legs(from the Blog)
- no specific tutorials yet
Image Credit: Fritzing-Image3
- Designing a PCB
- One minute Arduino Shield design(from the video channel)
- Double-sided routing(from the Blog)
- How the Autorouter works(from the Blog)
- Explaining the colored lines(from the Blog)
- Custom PCB shapes
- Producing a PCB
- Soldering SMD parts(from the video channel)
The complete reference of all menus, widgets, keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
Parlez-vous français? Sprichst Du Deutsch? Habla Espanol?
Here you can find learning material in other languages than English.
Workshops are the best way to get started quickly. Organize one yourself, or invite us!
5. External Resources
Websites related to physical computing, and other good stuff.
Produce your own board:
With Fritzing Fab you can easily and inexpensively turn your circuit into a real, custom-made PCB. Try it out now!
Let us know what you think about the Fritzing Software tool (free online circuit simulator) for Electronics Circuit Design in the comment section below.
Want to learn more about Fritzing then visit Fritzing.org
Featured Image Credit: Fritzing-Image1
Information Credit: Fritzing.org