Raspberry Pi 4 Computer (Raspberry Pi 4 Model B)
Raspberry Pi 4 Computer is the newest product in the Raspberry Pi family and it is categories as Model B.
It is a very powerful single board computer and provides desktop level performance compared to entry-level x86 PC systems.
Raspberry Pi 4 is completely upgraded and re-engineered, this makes it faster and more powerful computer (single board computer).
It’s the first time that the RasberryPi foundation built a complete desktop experience board. You can easily do editing documents, web browsing with a bunch of tabs open, drafting a presentation or juggling spreadsheets. you’ll surely get smooth PC experience but on a smaller, energy-efficient and much more cost-effective computer machine.
When we compare Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with Raspberry Pi 3 model B and Model B+, it offers high processing speed, increases in Multimedia performance, increase in memory and connectivity. But power consumption and backward compatibility remain the same. We will see details comparison in our next article.
This raspberry pi provides the dual display with 4K output means you can connect two 4k monitors to Raspberry Pi 4 and both run smoothie. With this up-gradation in Raspberry Pi board, Programmers & developers are very happy.
This board available from $35, Now you can get desktop PC experience from $35 so you can easily upgrade your old projects with new Raspberry Pi 4.
- Experience the desktop computer in $35
- Support dual display with 4K output
- Silent and energy efficient – it is fanless and consumes very less power compared to other computers.
- Provide Fast networking- it comes with Gigabit Ethernet, onboard wireless networking & Bluetooth.
- USB 3- it upgraded USB capacity it provides two USB 3 ports and two USB 2 ports. USB 3 can transfer data up to 10 times faster compared to USB 2.
- It comes with RAM of 1GB, 2 GB and 4 GB, you can select as per your need.
Raspberry Pi 4 Tech Specs:
Image credit: RaspberryPi org
- Broadcom BCM2711
- quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- Memory with 1GB, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4 (as per model choice)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN with 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz
- Bluetooth 5.0 BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 × USB 3.0 ports
- 2 × USB 2.0 ports.
- Standard 40-pin GPIO fully compatible with Previous versions of Boards
Video & sound:
- 2 × micro HDMI ports (it supported up to 4Kp60)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4Kp60 decode)
- H.264 (1080p60 decode
- 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES, 3.0 graphics
- It supports Micro SD card slot for data storage and installing an operating system
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A1 )
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A1 )
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)–enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature 0–50ºC
Are you going to use the Raspberry Pi 4 Computer Model B in your projects? let us know about it in the comment section below.
Reference: RaspbeeryPi Org
Featured Image credit: RaspberryPi Org