LoRa Development Kit:
Ethicstech Embedded Solutions Pvt Ltd launches India’s first, low cost LoRa Development kit with ready to use SDK. It provides Arduino support, so that you can able to play with it and develop your prototype rapidly.
The board come-up with 433Mhz, 868Mhz & 915Mhz as per your request. Note that the license free frquency range is b/w 865.0Mhz to 867.0Mhz in India.
See also: LoRa and LoRaWAN- What are these?
What is LoRaWAN communication?
LoRaWAN is a Low Power Wide Area Network with features that support low-cost, mobile, and secure bi-directional communication for Internet of Things (IoT), machine-to-machine (M2M), and smart city, and industrial applications. LoRaWAN is optimized for low power consumption and is designed to support large networks with millions and millions of devices.
Innovative features of LoRaWAN include support for redundant operation, geolocation, low-cost, and low-power – devices can even run on energy harvesting technologies enabling the mobility and ease of use of Internet of Things. LoRa RF technology enables long range, low power connectivity that previously had been unrealizable.
Competing short-range technology requires too many repeaters and too much infrastructure to achieve wide coverage, and it has limited capacity in the network to connect a high volume of nodes.
This has made the come on investment (ROI) unattractive for several applications and has restricted deployments.
LoRa solves these limitations and is enabling simple IoT connectivity.
In addition, LoRa technology delivers greater resilience to interference as it uses unfold spectrum modulation to facilitate wonderful (excellent) information/data hardiness / robustness in noisy environments, as well as working through physical barriers.
Providing a longer range than the bulk of well-liked/popular low power wireless technologies, designers using the kits can expect ten years of battery life using 2 aaa batteries.
LoRa development Kit Hardware specification
- ATSAMD21G18 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
- Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
- 8 x PWM pins
- 10 x analog inputs
- 1 x analog output
- Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
- Power/enable pin
- Reset button
- Simple wire antenna or spot for uFL connector
NOTE : You need to buy battery separately.
LoRa Module Specification
- (G)FSK/4(G)FSK/LoRa Modulation
- 434/868/915Mhz transceiver [NOTE : License Free frequency in India is b/w 865.0 to 867.0 Mhz]
- 20dBm output power
- -139dBm sensitivity
- Standard SPI interface
- 127dB dynamic Range RSSI
- Automatic RF sense and CAD monitor
- Data Rate: <300 kbps
- Standby current: <1uA
- Supply voltage: 1.8~3.6V
- Humidity sensor
- Temperature sensor
- Soil Moisture sensor
- GPS sensor
- Weather sensor and more
NOTE : You need to buy the above sensors separately.
IOT Cloud software
- You can interface with any freely available cloud IoT platform like The Things Network.
- We also offer a dedicated, unlimited IOT cloud platform as a separate IOT platform kit. Please contact us for more details.
- Any LoRa/LoRaWAN product will work with this module.
- We have LoRa single channel gateway as separate product with us. You can buy it and setup your own gateway hardware.
- Kindly check out product page, http://ethicstech.in/products/iot/lora-iot and download the SDK & sample programs.
- The LoRa development kit cost is Rs.3000/-
Let us know what you think about ‘How exactly are IoT devices Smart’ in the comment section below.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Contact mail : firstname.lastname@example.org