DHT11 –Temperature & Humidity Sensor:
DHT11 is a simple, easy to use and very cost-effective sensor. Its output is in the form of digital signals so it categories under digital sensors. This sensor available in very less price and its output also accurate, so it is mostly used in rapid prototype development projects by students, teachers, and industry professionals.
Let go through more details,
Application: Measure surrounding Temperature and Humidity
Output type: Digital
Measurement Range: For Temperature- 0℃~50℃
For Humidity – 20%~95 %( percentage)
Measurement error: For Temperature: ±2 ℃
For Humidity: ±5%
Operating voltage: 3.3 V~5 V
Datasheet/Information document: DHT11 humidity & Temperature Sensor
- DHT11 is a very popular and very low-cost digital temperature and humidity sensor.
- It uses a capacitive humidity sensor, and a thermostat to measure the surrounding air temperature.
- The output is available via a digital signal on the data pin (no analog input pins require).
- It’s easy to use but requires careful timing to grab data.
- You will get new data every 2 seconds from this sensor so this can use in the applications where the output data interval is 2 seconds or more.
Projects using DHT11:
3. In the smart home, temperature and Humidity measurement are the prime features, check details about a smart home here https://iotdunia.com/iot-smart-home-controller-using-nodemcu/.
Let us know what you think about” DHT11- Basic temperature and Humidity sensor” in the comment section below.
For information on different sensors used for IoT development check out here https://iotdunia.com/all-iot-development/sensors-iot-devices/sensors/
Featured Image credit: DHT 11 Temperature Humidity Sensor(D-Robotics UK)