BMP180 High Precision Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Module:
BMP180 Pressure Sensor
Application: Measuring the absolute pressure of the environment
Output type: Digital
Measurement range: Pressure range: 300~1100hPa (elevation 9000 m ~-500 m)
(1 hPa = 100 Pascals = 1 mb.) hPa-> HectoPascal , mb-> Millibar
Operating Voltage: 1.8 V to 3.6 V
Manufacturer: Robert Bosch (sensor manufacturing)
Datasheet/Information document : BMP 180 by Bosch
Seller (Buy at) : Online store or any offline store
- The BMP180 is a high-precision pressure sensors, small size, low power consumption, and can be used on mobile devices such as smart phones, tablet pieces and sports devices.
- BMP180 pressure sensor follows the BMP085 and brings many improvements, like the improvement in size i.e smaller size and the expansion of digital interfaces.
- Excellent performance and lowest absolute precision can reach 0.03hPa,
- Extremely low power consumption, only 3 μA
- Temperature measurement included I2C interface Fully calibrated
- The ultra-low power consumption down to 3ÂµA makes the BMP180 the leader in power saving for your mobile devices.
- BMP180 hosts using powerful 8-pin ceramic LCC i.e Leadless chip ultra thin package, you can via the I2C bus directly connected to the microprocessor
- Measuring the absolute pressure of the environment using a digital barometer
- By converting the pressure measured into altitude, you can determine the height of your robot, plane or projectile.
- Using a sensor as capable as the BMP180 one can achieve accuracy of 1m, with noise of only 17cm in ultra high resolution noise.
- It will operate at only 0.3uA meaning low current draw for battery powered applications.
- BMP180 is also distinguished by its very stable behavior (performance) with regard to the independency of the supply voltage.
- Arduino Introduction- What is Arduino ? Why and How do I use Arduino ?
- Raspberry Pi Board – Single Board Computer for IoT
Main features of BMP 180 Pressure sensor module:
- Pressure range: 300~1100hPa (elevation 9000 m ~-500 m)
(1 hPa = 100 Pascals = 1 mb.) hPa- HectoPascal , mb- Millibar
- Power supply voltage range: 1.8V~3.6V (VDDA), 1.62V~3.6V (VDDD)
- LCC8 package: lead-free ceramic carrier package (LCC)
- Size: 3.6mmx3.8×0.93mm
- Low power consumption: 5 µA, in standard mode
- High accuracy: low-power mode, the resolution of 0.06hPa (0.5 m)
- High linearity mode, resolution of 0.03hPa (0.25 m)
- With temperature output
- I2C interface
- Temperature compensation
- Lead-free, in line with the RoHS standard
- MSL 1-response time: 7.5ms
- Standby current: 0.1 μA
- No external clock circuit
Typical applications of BMP180 Pressure sensor module:
- Precise GPS navigation (dead reckoning, upper and lower bridge detection etc.)
- Indoor and outdoor navigation
- Leisure, sport and health monitoring
- Weather forecast
- Vertical speed indicator (rising/sinking speed)
- The fan power control
- Temperature Sensors- For an Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Measurement Sensor Module for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other development boards
- DHT11- The basic Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- LM35- Precision Temperature Sensor for IoT application development
- Arduino Smoke Detector | Using MQ-7 Smoke Sensor (CO measuremnt)
- Arduino Traffic Light Controller || IoT Project
- WEATHER STATION – Internet of Things Project using NodeMCU
Let us Know what you think about BMP180 Pressure sensor for Development boards in the comment section below.