Raspberry-Pi hardware has different types of Board. In previous article we discussed about What is Raspberry Pi Board? and here we discuss about one of member of Raspberry Pi family i.e. Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (RPi 2 Model B).
The Raspberry Pi 2 is the second generation RPi Development Board.
Technical Specification of Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Processor : A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- USB Ports: 4 USB ports
- GPIO: 40 GPIO pins
- HDMI: Full HDMI port
- Ethernet: Ethernet port available
- Audio Jack: Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera: Camera interface (CSI)
- Display: Display interface (DSI)
- Storage: Micro SD card slot
- Graphics: VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
- To enhance Real World Projects , Raspberry Pi second generation Model B provides 40 pin extended GPIO
- It is fully HAT Compatible
- It quickly connect to Internet with 10/100 Ethernet port
- This Single board computer running at 900 MH with 6X Faster powered Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor.
- 3rd party add-on for other Raspberry Pi boards compatible with Raspberry Pi 2 Model B board.
- It has ARMv7 processor powered, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including light-weighted Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as full featured Microsoft Windows 10.
This Raspberry-Pi Board is used for Internet of Things Development. It is easily programmable and many IoT operating System will install in few minutes.
Check 15 free (open source) operating system(OS) for IoT development. These OS are for RPi 2 Model B board also.
What you think about the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B board ? let us know in comment section below.
Featured Image credit: raspberrypi.org
More details Visit: RaspberryPi